Monday, February 8, 2010

Goin' to the Chapel

That, my friends, is the church I will be married in. First United Methodist Church in downtown Fort Worth. Isn't it gorgeous? We will be married in the chapel of the church which is significantly smaller than the sanctuary but more beautiful (I think). It will offer a more intimate feel for the ceremony as well. The moment I walked in the chapel I felt peaceful and calm. It was like my soul knew this was the right place to marry my love.

Originally, I wanted to be married in the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens. It would have been far more cost effective but they make it nearly impossible to pull off without causing me a headache. They didn't allow chairs at all (which I thought was odd) and they only allowed a two hour block of time for all of the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and post-ceremony happenings. Plus, they had no inclement weather plan that would accommodate more than 25 people. I decided pretty quickly after touring the place that as much as I'd love to get married in a garden, I was not willing to risk my sanity to do it. So we started looking at churches and I'm so glad we did!

If you ever have a chance to visit First United Methodist Church in downtown Fort Worth, I highly encourage you to do so. It's an architectural treasure in the heart of an amazing city. I can't wait to get married there!

5 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails